The following contain frequently-asked questions for “Katawaku-ecochan” of the plywood for concrete formwork.
If you have any further questions, feel free to ask us.
- Q.：Do polypropylene sheets stretch?
- A.：This is a sheet in which stretching caused by temperatures or humidity is eliminated.
- Q.：Are polypropylene sheets and plywood difficult to adhere?
- A.：Adherence performance of plywood for JAS concrete formwork is ensured by specially processed sheets.
- Q.：Are polypropylene sheets resistant to alkalinity in concrete?
- A.：The polypropylene sheet is excellent in resistance to alkalinity and form releasing capabilities.
- Q.：Is a form release agent required?
- A.：Make sure to use it! Less slag is adhered and scraping work is easy! The number of reuses increases!
- Q.：Are the polypropylene sheets resistant to sparks?
- A.：Do not bring the sheets near fire directly. Keep away from fire! The sheets will deform at about 120℃ or higher.
- Q.：Are the propylene sheets slippery?
- A.：They will become slippery if water or oil is deposited. In particular, watch your step.
- Q.：Are nailing, saw cutting and separator hole making possible?
- A.：The same as conventionally coated plywood. Smooth cutting edges are obtained by making separator holes from the sheet side.
- Q.：Do polypropylene sheets release harmful gases when incinerated?
- A.：Both polypropylene sheets and the adhesive do not release harmful gases.
- Q.：Is the cost reduced in comparison with coated plywood?
･ The cost is reduced by increased performance of plywood with the effectiveness of polypropylene sheets.
･ The cost is reduced by the increased number of reuses.
･ The cost is reduced by decrease in waste amount.
- Q.：How is plywood for concrete formwork environmentally friendly and how does it contribute to the environment?
- A.：･ Increased durability contributes to reductions in CO2!
･ Waste materials of fibers are recycled for materials of the polypropylene sheet.
･ Increased durability reduces the use amount of south-sea wood, contributing to the global environment!
･ Amount of waste after use is reduced!
- Q.：How are waste materials processed?
- A.：Waste if recycled as materials for RPF (recycle plastic fuel) to contribute to prevention of global warming.
- Q.：How does scraping work?
- A.：Use of form release agent allows slag to be thoroughly removed by moistened cloth, mop or nylon brush. So, scraping work is easy!
- Q.：How about scraping labor to remove slag in comparison with conventionally coated plywood?
- A.： Adherence of less slag allows easy finish.
If you have any further questions, please feel free to contact us.
Return to top